Mount Rinjani: 5-Day, 4-Night Trek
Mount Rinjani 5 days, 4 nights The trek starts from Sembalun Lawang Village and descends from the mountain through Senaru Village. We made it for those who want to know the details around Mount Rinjani. The program is relaxed, and the long journey starts with a one-night stay in Sembalun Lawang.
The route you take on this program includes the summit of Mount Rinjani, with a height of 3,726 meters above sea level, Lake Segara Anak, hot springs on Lake Segara Anak, and the crater rim of Senaru.
We offer this program for advanced trekkers with a maximum age of 50 years. Participants who take this program must have the conditions and ability to walk long distances. We do not recommend cold temperatures for those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
Mount Rinjani Trekking: 5 Days and 4 Nights Overview:
- Day 1:Transfer from the airport or hotel to Sembalun Lawang, then overnight at the gate hotel or similar.
- Day 2. Early in the morning, register for the trek to the Sembalun crater rim. overnight at Camping
- Day 3: Sembalun crater rim, Rinjani summit, Lake Segara Anak, overnight at Lake Camping Site, Lake Segara Anak
- Day 4: Lake Segara Anak, Senaru Crater, and Senaru Crater Rim Overnight
- Day 5: Senaru crater Rim, Senaru village, end program, transfer hotel
Itinerary Mount Rinjani Trekking 5 days and 4 Nights:
Day 01.Lunch at sembalun and dinner at hotel
Airport/Harbor pick up on arrival then transfer to Sembalun Lawang Village on the foothill of Mount Rinjani. Check-in the Gate hotel or similer and free program
Day 02.Breakfast at hotel, Lunch and dinner on the mountain
Start At 07.00 am after breakfast at the hotel continue Registration at Rinjani Information Centre in Sembalun Lawang, Start the trek with the gentle ascent walking through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan higher 1.300 meters walk about 1,5 hours, take some rest and then into Pos 2 Tengengean higher 1,500 meters walk about 1 hour. And then continue the trek for 1,5 hours to Pos 3 Pada Balong higher 1,800 m, break around 1 hour for Lunch.
After lunch continues the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim higher 2,639 meters, the trek trail harder and takes about 3,5 hours to reach the campsite at Plawangan II, Sembalun crater rim higher 2,639 meters. Reach Sembalun crater rim around 5.00 PM, set up the tent for camp. Once in the afternoon is your time to see a beautiful sunset. Dinner at the camp and get early rest
Overview trail at day 02 sembalun Lawang to crater rim sembalun
- Distance: 10km
- Walk duration : 6-7 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest point: 2,639 m ( Plawangan Sembalun crater rim )
- Height gain: +1,539 m
Day.03 Breakfast, Lunch and dinner on the mountain
Get up in the morning then start the trek at 03:30 am for the summit higher 3,726 meters, its walk on volcanic screen, the trek trail very hard, lost sands. It’s a 3,5 hours walk to get to the top of Mount Rinjani, the weather is cold and sometimes there is strong wind.
Enjoy proud feelings of satisfaction and the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mount Agung, and Sumbawa island. After enjoying the views, descend back to the campsite.
After breakfast, we descended to the 2000 meter Segara Anak Lake. It takes two to three hours to walk down through the steep and rocky trail. Stay focused on the trek due to some rocks being unstable. The rest of the day is spent relaxing at the lake and going into the hot springs to get a natural massage, which local people believe to have healing powers. Camp and overnight by the lake
Overview trail at day 03 from crater rim Sembalun to Summit:
- Distance : 5km
- Duration : 6-7 hours
- Difficulty: very difficult
- Highest point: 3726 m (mount Rinjani trekking summit )
- Height gain: +1,087 m
Sembalun crater Rim to Segara Anak 2,000 M
- Distance : 3,4 km
- Duration : 3-4 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest point: 2.639 mdpl (Sembalun crater rim )
- Height gain: -639 m
Day.04.Breakfast, Lunch and dinner on the mountain
Leave the lake after lunch, trek to Plawangan 1, Senaru Crater Rim higher 2,461 meters for 3 hours. Some trek points that are very steep and hard need extra focus on the trek trail. Camp for the last night of the program at Senaru crater rim. Set up the tent and enjoy the views around and the lake from the other side, relax, explore and beautiful sunset spot from the campsite
Overview trail at day 04 Segara Anak lake to crater Rim Senaru
- Distance : 2,5 km
- Duration : 3-4 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
- Highest point: 2.641 m (Senaru crater Rim)
- Height gain: +641 m
Day.05.Breakfast and Lunch on the mountain
After breakfast, break the tent and descend through the long trail to Senaru village (601 m), along the trek trails sheltered by thick tropical forests with rich flora, birdlife and a variety of butterflies. You might see orchids and, if lucky, the rare black ebony leaf monkey, local people called lutung.
Rest stops are taken along the way. Lunch served en route. After a seven hours walk from the rim, the trek ends at Rinjani Trek Center at the road head in Senaru village. Then drop off to your hotel Trek program end
Overview trail at day 05 from crater Rim Senaru to Senaru village
- Distance : 9,2 km
- Duration : 5-6 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
- Highest point: 2.641 ml (Senaru crater Rim)
- Height gain: -2040 m
Our Price: US$ per person
- US$ 304 Per person, minimum of 2 Persons to book this trekking
- US$ 285 per person, minimum of 3-4 persons to book this trekking
- US$ 265 per person, minimum, and up to 5 persons to book this trekking
Term of Payment:
- Payment in advance 30% as the deposit of your reservation via PayPal online payment
- The balance to be settle with cash on arrival
- PayPal account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SG8ATGPZBTCFN
- We are not responsible for any taxes charge by the bank during the money transfer process.
- Full refund for cancellation noticed 10 days before arrival
- Cancellation within 7 days of the trip is charged 50% of the package price
- Last minute cancellation (one day or on the day of the trip) is full payment charge
- Private return transfer Hotel to trek point and back to Hotel
- one night at a Sembalun hotel or home stay
- Trekking equipment’s, Tent, Sleeping bag, Sleeping mat, Cooking gear, and lamp
- National Park entrance fee and Village Donation
- Licensed and experienced mountain guides and local porters
- Fresh fruits Pineapples, bananas, oranges, apples, and snacks
- Full board meals (breakfast, Lunch, and dinner during the trek program)
- Mineral water 3 to 4 litter bottles per day
- Personal expenses
- Personal porter
- Tip Guide and Driver
- Extra porter to carry your own Luggage
- Minimum participant 2 persons
- If participant stays in Kuta area additional fare transport IDR 250.000 one way
- This trekking program is suitable for beginner trekkers.
- Required a good level of fitness and strong walks.
- Trekking is not allowed for children under 5 years old.
- People with mountain sickness or height phobias are not allowed to join this trek.
- Trekking can be done any day except when weather conditions do not permit it.
Items that must be Prepared to Trek Mount Rinjani, Male or female
- Gym shorts (for walking)
- Long leggings (for sleeping)
- Long pair of warm pants (1)
- Pair of underwear for each day (1
- Pair of socks for each day (1
- Short-sleeved shirt (1)
- Long-sleeved shirts or hood less (depending on how cold you get, 1-2)
- Rain jacket and/or 1 poncho (additionally for heavy rain)
- Trekking poles (two)
- Head torch or hand torch (1)
- Pair of flip flops (to wear at camp)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Facial cream
- Emergency toilet paper (essential)
- Wet wipes (there is no shower on the Hill, so this will make you feel clean)
- Hairband (women)
- Sports bra (1)
- Sun hat
- First aid kit or medication
- Phone, camera, or smartphone
- Garbage plastic
Additional information about Mount Rinjani trekking
Trekking to Mount Rinjani is open from early April to the first week in January. This is in accordance with the Indonesian seasons, where April to October is the summer season and October to early January is the moderate rainy season. The peak of the rainy season usually occurs between January and March, when the trekking activities on Mount Rinjani are usually closed.
April and May are the quietest months. You will find the most beautiful scenery, as all the grasslands and trees are still green. You should be more careful during the rainy season, which starts in October, especially for the hiking route from the Sembalun crater rim to the lake. In some places, from the lake to Senaru village, the hiking trail is slippery, and in some places, there are frequent landslides.
January, February, and March are the rainy seasons, and trekking Mount Rinjani is quite dangerous as it is slippery. April, May, and June are the quietest months of the year for trekking and actually have some of the best views due to the green landscape, while July to October is the high season for trekking Mount Rinjani, and you will get some barren weeds.
How to book this package Trekking:
- Fill out the reservation form in the section below or contact us via Whats App at +62 818365070.
- We will proceed with your booking and send you the online invoice by email or Whats App.
- As soon as you receive the invoice, please complete the payment. For more details, please see the payment method section.
- As soon as your reservation confirmed, we will send the voucher to your email or Whats App.
- Show your voucher (e-voucher or printed version) at the location. Happy Travel