Lombok Cultural Trips
Hereby I give you some culture when vacation in Lombok Island & how to adapt with local .please read carefully:
Allow to do during vacation
- Smile and greet people, especially elders.
- Shake hands, gently.
- Accept hospitality and food. You do not have to eat and drink, but it is polite to ACCEPT.
- Say goodbye and thank you when you leave.
- Dress modestly. Women should keep upper arms and thighs covered.
- Bend down and walk around seated people when you need to pass.
- Use only your right hand to eat and to hand objects or money to someone.
- Be sure to sit at the same level as other people.
- Wear a sarong when entering the house of Melokaq (custom leader) and when participating in ritual and custom ceremonies.
DON’T Do it.
- Enter houses, buildings or villages without being invited.
- Wear shoes inside a house.
- Point at people with your finger. Don’t ever use your foot to point at objects or people.
- Point the bottom of your feet directly at people whilst sitting on the floor.
- Touch anyone’s head.
- Step over people or food on the floor.
- Eat with your left hand, or use your left hand to give or accept objects or money.
- Raise your voice, especially in anger.
- Eat out side during Ramadhan month.